The Bottom Line
Burn the Rope is a great puzzle game that will keep you playing for hours.
- Easy to pick up
- Super addictive
- Excellent graphics and sound
- Great sense of humor
- Rope connections can be hard to see
- Achievements are given without any fanfare
- Burn all the rope to beat the level
- Keep the fire alive by making sure it goes upward
- Tilt the screen to adjust the flame
- Use different insects to move the flame across the screen
- Beat more than 100 levels
Guide Review - Review of Puzzle Game 'Burn the Rope' on the Apple iPad
Burn the Rope is one of those few puzzle games that stays challenging and addictive without being too difficult. Each level is a bundle of rope, and you start a flame to burn it all. The catch is that the flame can only move upward, so you must continuously turn the screen (with your finger) to keep the fire going and complete the level. It initially starts as a simple turning game, but in later levels you start to get multicolored rope that much be matched by the flames, waterbugs that extinguish the fire, spiders with web blasts, and many other challenges. It gets crazy addictive, but -- pardon the pun -- it is more of a slow burn that creeps up on you. Burn the Rope doesn't skimp on the experience, either: We're talking more than 100 levels of burning here. Bonus levels, great cartoon graphics, and humorous sound effects keep it fresh throughout. Along with Tiny Wings, Burn the Rope is one of the best puzzle games out right now.