The Bottom Line
Addictive from the start, Drop7 combines the strategy of Tetris with the number play of Suduko. The result is a must-have for all puzzle fans.
- Easy to learn
- Extremely addictive
- Well suited for the mobile phone
- Merciless in later levels
- Only three different game modes
- Uploading score to the leaderboard requires a Facebook account
- Move numbered balls into a pit
- Match numbers to eliminate balls
- No time limit, which puts the focus on strategy
- The floor raises after a certain number of turns
- The game ends when any balls reach the top
Guide Review - Game Review: 'Drop7'
Simple and addictive, Drop7
can be mentioned in the same breath as Tetris and Sudoku. A series of balls, numbered 1 through 7, fall into a pit. You must match the like number of balls to eliminate them – pair up five balls to remove the ball with the “5” on it, etc – before they reach the ceiling. It’s more complex than it sounds and, as you learn the ropes, Drop7
changes from a game of survival to a game of strategy. There isn’t much variety between the three game modes offered, but the basic game alone will keep you entertained literally for hours. Drop7
is a definitive game for the iPhone and required playing for anyone interested in puzzle titles.
Release Date: March 2009
Platform: iPhone/iPod Touch
Other Platforms: None
Rating: 4 ½ out of 5 stars